Looking for an affordable yet professional way to handle your company’s communication demands and customer service needs? A professional business phone answering service may be the solution you’re looking for. In many ways, an answering service could be one of the best decisions you make for your business, but if you’ve never used a call answering service, you probably have a lot of questions before you make the decision. So, to help you make your decision, here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions we receive about our business phone answering services.
What is an answering service?
A business phone answering service is a group of trained customer service professionals who answer telephone calls from clients and customers, take detailed messages, and relay these messages directly to a client or appropriate employee.
What businesses can use an answering service?
Businesses of any size across a wide range of industries can benefit from an answering service. The customer service personnel who answer the calls are fully trained and experienced professionals who know how to handle queries from customers across sectors, so your clients can expect reliable and accurate telephone communications at all times.
Businesses that might benefit from professional answering services include any customer-facing organization, such as:
- Law firms
- Health professionals
- Construction companies
- Retail stores
- Beauty salons
- Plumbing and electrical companies
What are the benefits of business phone answering services?
The benefits of business phone answering services include:
- Covering your calls on holidays and weekends, so you can relax knowing your customers are looked after
- Managing calls after hours, meaning you never miss an important message
- Saving you money, because there’s no need to hire a full-time secretary and you don’t need to invest in training or onboarding
- Giving your customers personalized, reliable services so they’ll have a great impression of your business
How do you access messages from a business phone answering service?
It’s easy to access your answering messages. All you need to do is choose the means of message delivery that best
suits your business. The options for receiving messages are:
- Text messages
- Email messages
- Fax messages
- Call-in directly to Answering Service for your messages
- Request a call from the Answering Service for your messages
- Record messages and listen to them – this service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Once you’ve received your messages, you can send them directly to multiple recipients, or you can send them immediately through convenient, user-friendly menu options.
What are the hours of a business phone answering service?
The whole idea of a business phone answering service is to be there when you can’t be. Since the service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, this includes major holidays, such as Christmas, July 4th and New Year’s Day.
How can business phone answering services save your company’s money?
As we’ve touched on, hiring an employee to manage the phone calls is very expensive. There are hourly wages, plus covering insurance costs. Many small offices do not have the space or the resources to hire someone to answer the phone all day. An answering service is an affordable solution to this problem.
How do I know if I need the help of an answering service company?
If you are on the fence about using a business phone answering service, you should ask yourself a few key questions:
- Do you find it difficult to answer all of your calls”
- Are you always checking your business voicemail due to missed calls?
- Is your voicemail frequently full?
- Does it take you more than an hour to return missed customer phone calls?
- Do you lose productivity due to always being tied up on the phone?
- Do you have trouble managing after-hour phone calls?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it would probably be beneficial to your business to hire a professional answering service. Answering Service Care is a professional business phone answering service company with years of experience in helping create a better relationship and clear communication between customers and businesses. To learn more about what Answering Service Care can do for your business, take a look around our website or contact us today.