Business owners have several things in common, regardless of the industry they work in. Whether they are a service contractor, a medical doctor, or a funeral home director, here are three things that are likely to be important to them:
- Building trust and loyalty with their customers
- Growing their business, and not letting leads slip through the cracks
- Cutting costs wherever possible
If you feel like you’re lacking in any (or all three) of these areas, consider hiring a live receptionist answering service. Cheaper than hiring an assistant or in-house receptionist, a virtual receptionist can help with a variety of tasks, giving you more time to focus on growing your business.
What is a virtual receptionist?
A virtual receptionist is an individual who works remotely to manage a business’ call volume. In addition to offering 24/7 phone support, a virtual receptionist can help with tasks like appointment setting, customer support, email follow-up, and serving Spanish-speaking customers.
Here, we will explain in more detail what a virtual receptionist does, and the ways that they can add value to small businesses of all types.
- Provides coverage whenever you need it. If your business receives lots of calls on nights, weekends, holidays, or during a particular season, a virtual receptionist has you covered. They are available 24/7/365 and can be used as often or as little as you need them. Switching your coverage is much easier than hiring and training an employee, only to have to let them go when the busy season dies down.
- Provides disaster recovery. In the event of an emergency or natural disaster, a virtual receptionist ensures that your incoming calls continue getting handled promptly. Your customers will continue receiving excellent service and feeling supported, even in the most uncertain of times.
- Communicate via text message. Here at Answering Service Care, we offer a Care2Text feature that allows our clients to advertise a phone number that their customers can use to correspond with them via text message. When their customers contact them via text, our live agents can reply to answer questions, schedule appointments, and more.
- Offer bilingual support. If your business has a lot of Spanish-speaking customers, a bilingual virtual receptionist enables you to provide them with better service.
- Offers more leisure time for you and your staff. You work hard, and it’s important that you take time to clear your head and get some much-needed rest. A virtual receptionist ensures that your customers still receive great service during this time.
- It helps you grow your business quickly. If you’re about to launch a large marketing campaign, or you are doing something that will cause your call volume to increase, you must be able to keep up. A virtual receptionist ensures that more calls get answered, and that every caller receives friendly, professional service. The ability to support more customers will help grow your business while building a positive reputation.
Working with a virtual receptionist has never been easier!
The bottom line is that virtual receptionists make life easier for business owners. Although Answering Service Care has been a leading live receptionist answering service since 1974, we are always looking for new ways to provide you and your customers with the most efficient, professional, and compassionate service. We are proud to offer a variety of exclusive features including the ASC Mobile app. Our app makes it easy for you to receive message notifications, listen to your messages on the go, rate our performance, change an on-call contact, pay your bill, and more- all from your smartphone! It doesn’t get much more convenient than that!