Whether you’re switching to a new answering service in 2022, or partnering with one for the first time, you may have some questions about how to find the best one. You have come to the right place! Below we will answer and discuss the following questions about the best answering services for 2022.
- What does an answering service do?
- What are the advantages of an answering service?
- How do I choose a good answering service?
- What’s the best answering service for a small business?
What does an answering service do?
Answering services exist to handle incoming phone calls on behalf of another business. As technology advances and new communication methods emerge, many answering services can also manage incoming SMS text messages and live website chat messages.
The best answering services greet customers quickly and warmly and represent your company with the highest level of professionalism, compassion, and efficiency. They can perform a variety of tasks, including the following:
- Appointment scheduling
- Call transfers
- Qualifying leads
- Taking detailed messages
- Email monitoring
- Disaster recovery
- Answering general questions
What are the advantages of an answering service?
By performing the tasks above, answering services offer an array of advantages to businesses large and small. Here’s what you can expect when you partner with one of the best answering services.
- More calls answered. No longer will callers get sent to voicemail because you’re too busy to answer. Our live agents are available to greet and assist callers whenever you need them.
- Around-the-clock support. Not every call comes in during regular business hours, but our agents are available day, night, weekends, and even holidays.
- The ability to increase and decrease coverage. If your business is seasonal, or experiences busy periods after launching large marketing campaigns, an answering service makes it easy to ramp up or cut back on coverage as needed.
- Increased productivity. Your time is important, and a constantly ringing phone can be a major distraction. Think about how much more you could get done without having to hear a phone ring all day.
- Lower overhead. Why pay for recruiting, training, office space, equipment, and supplies when you don’t really need to? When you partner with a phone answering service, you only pay for the calls we handle.
- Happier customers. Answering more calls and delivering friendly, efficient service leads to more satisfied customers. Happy customers will return to your business, tell their friends and family, write positive reviews, and help your business grow.
How do I choose a good answering service?
When choosing a good answering service for your business, here are some important things to look for:
- 24/7 coverage. Even if you don’t need after-hours coverage now, you may someday. And when that day comes, it’s a lot easier to ramp up than to look for a new answering service provider.
- A provider that fits your budget. Determine your budget, your call volume, and the features that would offer the most value to your business.
- Whether it’s bilingual operators, after-hours support, or HIPAA-compliant answering services, make sure you match with a provider that offers what you need.
- A solid reputation. The best answering service companies will have great online reviews and testimonials written by happy customers.
- Easy account management. The best answering services will make it easy to manage your account. Answering Service Care is proud to offer the ASC Mobile application, where our clients can receive new message notifications, listen to their messages, check their usage, manage their on-call calendar and more from wherever they are.
What’s the best answering service for a small business?
Answering services are the secret weapon of many small businesses. Cheaper than hiring a full-time in-house employee, they can help increase productivity, profits, and customer satisfaction and retention.
Since 1974, Answering Service Care has helped small businesses grow by offering a variety of services, features, and pricing options. Our friendly team members are available to learn about your business and then create a custom bundle that meets your needs and budget.