Today’s competitive challenges in the marketplace and technological advances have changed the way companies work. Staying ahead of the competition means leveraging the latest technology and going above and beyond to deliver exceptional customer experiences. Outsourcing is helping companies large and small do exactly this.
If there’s one thing the last two years of working through a pandemic has taught us, it’s that remote work is feasible for many industries. The benefits of outsourcing and remote work have become more evident, and it’s a trend that’s here to stay. An increasing number of business owners and leaders plan to outsource in 2022, and remote workers will account for 53% of the U.S. workforce in 2022.
Customer service is something that has been outsourced by businesses long before the COVID-19 outbreak. But if you’re new to how it all works, you’ve come to the right place! Below we will answer and discuss the following questions about outsourcing customer service:
- What is customer support outsourcing?
- Why is customer service outsourced?
- What are the benefits of outsourcing customer service?
- What should I look for when outsourcing customer service?
What is customer support outsourcing?
Outsourcing customer support means partnering with a live answering service or third-party vendor to manage inbound calls, SMS text messages, and website chats. The live agents will handle customer support services on your behalf by listening to what your callers have to say, answering general questions, transferring calls, and taking detailed messages.
Why is customer service outsourced?
The demand for quality customer experiences has grown in recent years, and businesses today are defined by their customer service:
- 89% of consumers are more likely to make another purchase after a positive customer service experience.
- Nearly three out of five consumers report that good customer service is vital for them to feel loyalty toward a brand.
- 72% of customers will tell six or more people if they have a good experience with a brand.
As you can see, customer service can make or break your business, regardless of your industry. It helps boost revenue, earn customer loyalty, and improve your overall business strategy. To keep up with this demand in a cost-efficient way, businesses often partner with live phone answering services to impress their customers and keep them coming back.
What are the benefits of outsourcing customer service?
From cost savings to cutting back on staffing headaches, there’s no shortage of benefits associated with outsourcing customer service. Here are some of the main reasons why businesses choose to partner with phone answering services:
- On-demand flexibility. When you outsource customer service, you have the ability to ramp up and cut back as needed.
- 24/7 support. Customers want access to customer service when they need it, and sometimes that’s after traditional business hours. Phone answering services are available day, night, weekends and even holidays.
- Lower costs. Without the need to pay for salaries, training, office space, equipment, you can save this money or put it back into your business.
- Your customers get to speak with real, live agents. When they have a question or wish to solve a problem, your customers want to speak with a real person. They don’t want to mess with an automated system or leave a message. Live call answering services provide trained, educated agents who are focused on providing terrific service.
What should I look for when outsourcing customer service?
Once you have decided to outsource customer service, it’s time to find the right partner for your business. We recommend that you start by making a list of your needs, expectations, and goals. Some things to consider:
- How much coverage do you need? Which days and time will you need it?
- What are the demographics and preferences of your customers? Are many of them Spanish speakers? Do they prefer to communicate with your business via phone, text message or live website chat?
- Does your business handle protected health information? Do you need a HIPAA-compliant answering service?
Once you have a better understanding of what you’re looking for, you can research your options and select the best fit.