We don’t have to tell you how busy and, yes, chaotic the holiday season can become for small businesses, service providers, medical practices and any organization that relies heavily on the phone.
We also don’t have to tell you that the holiday season is supposed to be about spending more time with family and friends, about enjoying life and about sitting back and relaxing a little more than usual.
Does this sound familiar? Maybe you are closing early for certain holidays. Maybe you receive more phone inquiries during this time of year. Maybe you don’t have the full-time staff to adequately cover your phones over these busy weeks or months. Maybe you have vowed that this will be the year that you finally take some time off to enjoy the holidays with your loved ones.
Is it possible to reconcile the increase in call volume with your desire to enjoy the season? Each year, holidays come and go and maybe you still haven’t asked your answering service for the extra-added support you and your team so sorely need.
Make This Year Different—Get Your Holiday Answering Service In Place Now.
One of the most efficient and cost-effective ways you can successfully get your business and yourself through the holiday season is to enlist the help of an answering service during this busy time.
Turning your phone calls over to an answering service goes a long way toward better serving your customers and callers, while also allowing you to take some hard-earned time to spend with family and friends actually enjoying the season.
How An Answering Service Can Help Out During the Holiday Season
If you have worked with your answering service partner for any amount of time, you know that your answering service does more than only answer phones—even and especially during times of closures, unforeseen emergencies, heavy call volumes and, yes, the busy, sometimes-chaotic holiday season.
The best holiday answering services are standing by for their clients—and their clients’ callers—in times of emergency, after-hours, when the overflow calls pile up and any time an extra hand is needed.
- The holidays can be a very busy time on the phones. The holiday season may signal an uptick in your business or practice. And with that comes an increase in phone calls. Your answering service can help you manage calls and callers during what may seem like a very chaotic time. The result? You get the phone support you need and your callers are a satisfied, well-attended-to bunch.
- Missed phone messages are never good. How many times have you or a member of your team missed a message, whether because of human error, a technical glitch or some other reason? When your answering service is involved—especially during the busy holidays—you can rest assured that messages are taken and promptly transmitted and delivered to you and/or other staff members via the means you’ve requested, whether it be SMS text, email, secure portal or live phone.
- Increased bookings and appointments this time of year? No worries there, either. Your answering service—whether during the holiday season or any time of year—can help you with appointment setting. At Answering Service Care, for instance, our appointment scheduling system is fully web-based and can easily integrate with your system and other tools, allowing us (and your callers) to more efficiently set, reschedule and cancel appointments as needed.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year…for questions. It may seem that you have more callers with more questions than ever this time of year. That’s not a problem when your holiday answering service is in place, with customer service agents ready and armed with answers to commonly asked questions including hours of operation, location, website addresses and more.
- And, finally, you are only human. You and your staff work hard—very hard—all year long. Many of you long to take some time off or even have some quiet time during this busy, noisy holiday season. This is a time for friends, family and good times—and there is no reason that you shouldn’t be a part of the festivities, too. Planning ahead with your answering service can lead to a holiday season that’s fully covered, highly efficient, smoothly running and, for you, enjoyable and even relaxing, too.