Improving customer experience is a top priority for almost every business, so it isn’t surprising that customer service is one of the most outsourced processes. More than 37% of small businesses outsource at least one process, and the value of the global outsourced customer experience market is projected to reach $81.5 billion by 2023.
Why should I outsource customer service?
Business leaders choose to outsource customer service to save money, resources, time, and energy. When you partner with a leading answering service, you will never have to worry about being short-staffed again. In fact, you will have coverage as often as you need it- even on nights, weekends, and holidays. Fewer customers will be sent to voicemail, helping you cut back on lost business opportunities.
Is outsourcing customer service right for my business?
If the benefits of outsourcing customer service have you saying, “sign me up,” that’s great! But before you take the plunge and partner with a live receptionist answering service, we recommend that you make sure you’re outsourcing for the right reasons. Asking yourself the following questions can help you identify the right reasons to outsource:
- Is my business receiving more calls than me and my staff can handle? If the answer is yes, outsourcing your customer service staff is a cheaper, easier alternative to hiring an in-house support team.
- Would I like to lower my overhead? Outsourcing customer service can help you save on recruiting, training, office space, equipment, salaries, benefits, overtime pay, and more.
- Do I need after-hours support? If you’re receiving calls on nights and weekends, an answering service can provide the support needed to allow you to enjoy some time off. Once you have decided that outsourcing customer service is the right move for your business, here are some questions that will help you choose the best answering service partner:
- Does my business have specific needs? For example, if you’re a healthcare business, you will need to make sure that you partner with a HIPAA-compliant medical answering service. If you have a lot of Spanish-speaking customers, it would be beneficial to partner with a bilingual answering service.
- Do I want to work with an answering service near me? While it’s ideal to work with an answering service that employs U.S.-based virtual receptionists, it’s not necessary to partner with one that is based near your business. Virtual receptionists are able to work remotely from anywhere using call forwarding. When call forwarding is activated, your business’ incoming calls will automatically forward to your virtual receptionist wherever they are. Here at Answering Service Care, our educated, professional virtual receptionists are 100% U.S.-based, and they are fluent English speakers. However, if Spanish-speaking bilingual virtual receptionists are also needed, we’ve got you covered!
- Are the answering service companies I’m considering experienced and reputable? Any time you choose a vendor, it’s important to check out what their customers are saying about them. Here at Answering Service Care, we’re proud to have dozens of five-star online reviews written by happy customers. Since 1974 our top priority has been to provide our customers and their callers with answering services that are professional, efficient, and friendly- and it shows!
In addition to providing five-star service, we proudly offer a variety of exclusive features to our clients, including an SMS text messaging solution and a mobile app. The ASC Mobile app makes it easy for you to receive message notifications, listen to your messages on the go, rate our performance, change an on-call contact, pay your bill, and more- all from your smartphone!