Appointment Scheduling, or Appointment Setting, can be a great add-on tool to existing answering services, or this service can also work well on its own.
Businesses and practices run so much better and smoother when the appointment book is well managed, but of course it can be hard for one person to handle it all alone (and often by hand!). If you are a business or a practice that is based on appointments with clients or patients, you need something that’s reliable, efficient and user-friendly. And for some businesses, such as salons or spas, giving clients the ability to make their own appointments online is also a huge plus.
Who needs to appointment scheduling tools? Different service-based businesses and medical/healthcare practices find that appointment-setting tools make all the difference in the world. These types of businesses and practices can include:
- Dental offices
- Groomers or pet salons
- Mobile businesses, such as pet groomers, car-washing or car service
- Car dealerships and service shops
- Nail salons
- Hair salons
- Massage therapists
- Lab testing facilities
- Adult education programs
- Camps and programs for kids
What’s so great about appointment scheduling tools?
We know from speaking to our own clients that many issues that may have plagued them in the past now simply no longer exist since they have incorporated appointment setting into the mix. Some of these benefits and results include:
- No more missed appointments, no more double-booking
- So much easier to instantly make, cancel, reschedule appointments
- Total visibility for staff and customers/clients, as well as for answering service agents
- Real-time updates and information available to everyone
- Multiple appointment books can be managed through the same tool (e.g., different medical providers or hairdressers)
- All appointment-related information is accessible from anywhere whether you are on-the-go, on a mobile device, at home or anywhere
- Users are easily managed, such as when you have a new staff person or someone leaves
- Confirmations and changes are sent out instantly via email or text
- All appointment information syncs easily with other calendars you may have (e.g., Google Calendar)
- You specify which days and times appointments can be made
- Your practice/business appointment desk will now be open 24/7
Be sure to ask your answering service which appointment setting tool it uses. For instance, at Answering Service Care, we use a software called Acuity. It is a hosted application, meaning that we can all parties can literally be on the same page, at the same time, in an error-free, always-accessible and highly streamlined environment. Of course, let us know if you have any questions on this or other tools…we are here to help!