HVAC is a career that will always be in demand, regardless of the year, season, economy, or any other factor. Nearly every building has a climate control system, and nobody likes to be uncomfortable when their air conditioner or heater breaks.
No two days on the job are the same for HVAC professionals, except for one thing: the sound of a constantly ringing phone (if you don’t have someone handling it for you). While some service contractors hire receptionists to manage their phones, many opt to outsource to answering services. An HVAC answering service is typically cheaper than hiring a receptionist, and it offers some unique benefits that a single employee cannot:
- 24/7 coverage, including nights, weekends, and even holidays!
- The ability to easily ramp up during busy seasons, and cut back during slow times
- There’s no need to provide a phone, computer, or any other equipment
- You don’t have to pay for overtime, benefits, or sick days
- You won’t have to worry about your virtual receptionist calling in sick or quitting suddenly
Although they typically work during regular business hours, HVAC professionals are no strangers to late-night calls and texts from panicked customers. When you partner with an HVAC answering service, you’ll enjoy having more time to focus on completing the jobs in front of you while also being able to maximize your time off. Here is how an HVAC answering service works!
What does an HVAC answering service do?
If you’ve never worked with an answering service before, we’ll explain just how simple it is to do so! At Answering Service Care we proudly offer same-day set-up, meaning that we can begin handling your calls in just a matter of hours. Your phone will be configured so that your calls forward to one of our professional live agents who work remotely. You will no longer have to listen to a constantly ringing phone, as all calls will be forwarded to and answered by this individual. Your live agent serves as a representative of your business and can transfer calls, schedule appointments, answer general questions, qualify leads, take detailed messages, and more.
In addition to HVAC answering services, we work with service contractors in these areas as well:
- Roofing and home repair
- Cleaning and housekeeping services
- Sprinkler services
- Landscaping services
- Pest control services
What can I expect from an HVAC answering service?
HVAC professionals partner with answering services to free up their hands while still providing excellent service to their callers, sometimes around the clock. Here are some of the things that you can expect when you work with an answering service:
- No more interruptions while you’re in the middle of a job
- Not having to answer your phone during non-business hours
- No more worrying about whether you’re losing business as a result of missing calls
- The extra coverage you need during your busy seasons
- Peace of mind knowing that your callers will receive great service
- Fewer missed appointments as a result of better communication
- More repeat business, client referrals, and five-star online reviews