As we shift to a more digital world, businesses everywhere are outsourcing customer service and client communication to live receptionist answering services. Working remotely has recently become the norm due to the coronavirus pandemic, and the team at Answering Service Care has been doing it for decades. As the leading answering service company since 1974, we know a thing or two about the benefits of having a live receptionist, and we are happy to explain to you exactly how it works!
What is a live receptionist answering service?
No matter where your business is located or what industry you are in, a live receptionist answering service can improve communication with customers for a fraction of the cost of a full-time employee. A live receptionist answering service is of a team of trained customer service professionals who manage your business’ incoming calls. They greet callers in a friendly, professional manner, and then answer questions, schedule appointments, take detailed messages, and route calls.
How exactly does a live receptionist answering service work?
When your business partners with a live receptionist answering service, your calls are forwarded to an individual who works remotely. The live receptionist serves as an extension of your business, and receives training about your company, industry, and clientele before picking up that first call.
Below we will break down the steps of how a call is handled with a live receptionist answering service:
- A customer calls your business phone.
- Your live receptionist answers with a friendly, professional greeting.
- Your live receptionist speaks with the caller and asks questions to determine what they need.
- If the caller has a general question, or is looking to schedule an appointment, leave a message, or be routed to a specific department, the live receptionist will assist them.
- If there is an emergency, your live receptionist will get in touch with you immediately to make you aware of it.
Once you have chosen and started working with the best answering service for your business, you will enjoy not hearing your phone ring constantly. Fewer distractions mean more hours to focus on what’s important, while knowing that your customers are receiving terrific service.
Is a live receptionist answering service what my business needs?
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, it might be time to consider partnering with a live receptionist answering service. Here at Answering Service Care, we have options that include 24/7/365 support, bilingual virtual receptionists, HIPAA-compliant live agents, and more. Whatever your small business needs, our team is here to support you!
- Am I overwhelmed with managing the phones in addition to all my other work?
- Are there a lot of appointment scheduling errors due to miscommunication?
- Are after-hour phone calls affecting my life in a negative way?
- Do I want nights, weekends, and holidays off to be with my family?
- Am I significantly less productive due to always being tied up on the phone?
- Are a lot of callers getting sent to voicemail?
- Am I having a difficult time communicating with Spanish-speaking customers?