Insurance claims adjusters spend a significant amount of time communicating with others via phone, email, and text message. When investigating, evaluating, and settling insurance claims, adjusters must contact claimants’ doctors and employers, witnesses, and sometimes legal counsel to get the job done. They also receive calls at all hours from stressed policyholders who have experienced some sort of misfortune.
For claims adjusters, no two days of work are ever alike. They are busy individuals who are continually pulled in many directions. But despite how hectic things get, claims adjusters must not ignore the fact that most callers would rather hang up than leave a voicemail. Missed calls lead to frustrated policyholders, which can cost you a lot of lost business in this super competitive industry.
How do insurance answering services help claims adjusters?
To reduce the frustration in their daily work and provide better customer service, many claims adjusters partner with insurance answering services. An answering service allows you to be available to policyholders at all hours, while lightening your workload—all for a fraction of the cost of an in-house receptionist.
Here are some of the things that an insurance answering service can offer claims adjusters:
- 24/7/365 support via phone, email, and text messaging
- Friendly, compassionate customer service
- Message relay
- Call forwarding
- Lead capture, integrating seamlessly with your CRM
- New client intake services
- Answering general questions
- Bilingual virtual receptionists
- Appointment setting
- HIPAA-compliant answering services
An insurance answering service has you covered when you need it
If you’re unable to answer all your incoming calls, it’s time to consider outsourcing to an insurance answering service. Answering Service Care’s trained, educated virtual receptionists are ready to answer calls, emails, and text messages whenever you need some added support:
- On nights, weekends, and holidays. Claims adjusters are no stranger to phone calls during non-business hours. If you value your time off but want to make sure your customers and prospects are in good hands, an insurance answering service can help you do just that.
- When you’re already on the phone with someone else. When you’re busy speaking to someone, you don’t want your voicemails to pile up. A virtual receptionist can assist these callers and relay messages to you.
- When you’re out in the field investigating an incident. When you’re in the middle of inspecting a home, business, or automobile, a constantly ringing phone can be a major distraction. A call answering service frees you up so you can focus on completing the task in front of you.
- When you’re traveling. For independent claims adjusters who travel frequently, an answering service can provide coverage during the times your phone is on airplane mode.
HIPAA-compliant answering services for medical insurance professionals
If you’re an adjuster who works with medical insurance claims, we are proud to offer HIPAA-compliant answering services. You can rest assured that the live agents who handle protected health information (PHI) have been trained on, and adhere to, all HIPAA requirements and privacy procedures.