For most businesses trying to succeed, customer service is everything. It doesn’t matter which industry you’re in- today’s consumers have extremely high expectations, and one bad experience can cost you. With 90% of Americans using customer service as a factor in deciding whether or not to do business with a company, you cannot afford to send callers to voicemail or provide subpar service.
To boost their customer service while lowering overhead costs, many businesses partner with virtual receptionist services. Below we will answer and discuss the following questions to give you an idea of how a virtual receptionist can strengthen your business.
- How do virtual receptionists work?
- How much does a virtual receptionist cost?
- What are the best virtual receptionist services?
How do virtual receptionists work?
A simple definition for the word “receptionist” is “a person employed in an office or other establishment to answer the telephone and assist customers.” Virtual receptionists do exactly this, only they work remotely.
Call forwarding technology enables virtual receptionists to answer a business’ phones from wherever they are located. When a call comes in, it automatically forwards to your virtual receptionist, who then answers on your behalf. After warmly greeting the caller, they can assist with tasks like answering general questions, scheduling appointments, transferring calls, taking messages, and more.
How much does a virtual receptionist cost?
Virtual receptionist services are often used by businesses that are looking for extra coverage without the cost of an in-house employee. By going the virtual receptionist route, you save on things like hiring, training, equipment, benefits, vacation pay, sick days, maternity leave, and more. You also won’t get stuck paying for time that’s wasted, as you only pay for the calls your virtual receptionist answers.
Another nice cost-saving feature of a virtual answering service is that you can use it as needed. When your busy season is approaching, you can quickly ramp up. When things slow down, you’re able to cut back.
No two businesses are the same, so we prefer to tailor our pricing to your exact needs rather than offer a one-size-fits-all approach. The team at Answering Service Care is happy to learn about your business and then create a custom package that fits your needs and budget.
What are the best virtual receptionist services?
Although there are numerous virtual receptionist services out there, there are several qualities that make some stand above the rest. Here are some qualities of the best virtual answering services:
- A solid reputation. Make sure that the virtual receptionist services you’re looking at are established, and that people are saying good things about them. Check out their online reviews and ask other business leaders about companies they have personally used.
- Training. When you work with some answering services, your calls will forward to the next available agent. This person may or may not be familiar with your business and industry. Here at Answering Service Care, we offer a team of virtual receptionists that will get to know the ins and outs your business. Before they ever answer a call on your company’s behalf, they will receive comprehensive training on how your business works, and the types of customers they will be assisting.
- More ways to communicate. There was once a time when the telephone was the only way to immediately get in touch with a business. Today’s consumers have a handful of options. We are proud to offer an assortment of live answering services including phone, text message, and live website chat support. Your customers will appreciate being able to contact you via the communication method of their choice.
- Coverage when you need it. This is especially important if you will be needing coverage during non-business hours. Answering Service Care’s virtual receptionists are available whenever you need us- day, night, weekends, and even holidays.