Contrary to popular belief, virtual receptionists aren’t just for medical or legal offices. Businesses of all types have been working with them for many years, long before the pandemic forced us to
shift to a remote work model.
If your business is considering partnering with a virtual receptionist service in 2022, we are here to help! Below we will answer and discuss the following questions:
- What’s the point of an answering service?
- How can a virtual receptionist help your business?
- What is the best virtual phone receptionist?
- Where can I hire a virtual receptionist online?
What’s the point of an answering service?
In today’s hybrid world, a virtual receptionist not only allows you to remain organized, but it also allows customers to connect with a real person that represents your company. Businesses hire virtual answering services to serve as an extension of their team. Specifically, they assist with call handling and customer service-related tasks. Virtual receptionists receive specialized training in these areas, and they learn all about your business, industry, and customers prior to answering calls on your behalf.
Here are some of the reasons that businesses choose to work with a virtual answering service:
- People hate leaving voicemails. Voicemails are a dying art. Many customers feel awkward about leaving them and often don’t know if someone received it.
- Missed calls equals missed opportunities. Many times, a customer will choose the first business that is available to provide information. If there is no one to answer the phone they will simply move on. Missing calls also causes stress for everyone and makes your business look unprofessional.
- More calls answered. By simply answering more calls, your customers will feel like a priority and appreciate you for it. This will result in customer retention and referrals.
How can a virtual receptionist help your business?
A virtual receptionist service can add value to your business by helping you manage your time, establish a more quality reputation, and save money. Business owners also touted these reasons for hiring a virtual receptionist:
- 24/7/365 support. Agents are available day and night and are ready to jump in whenever you need them.
- Guaranteed coverage. When you work with a virtual answering service, you don’t have to worry about someone calling in sick.
- Email monitoring. Depending on the answering service you work with, virtual receptionists can also help to monitor your emails. Answering Service Care offers an Email-to-Action service that monitors emails after hours and dispatches them to the correct employees so your business doesn’t miss a beat.
- Bilingual support. In an increasingly bilingual world, finding an in-house receptionist who is fluent in more than one language can be difficult, but an answering service is a cost-efficient solution.
What is the best virtual phone receptionist?
When researching a virtual phone receptionist, think about the qualities you are looking for in an employee. Additionally, you will want to consider these factors:
- Reputation. Quality virtual receptionist services will have plenty of positive online reviews, references, and testimonials written by satisfied customers.
- Business needs. Does your business need virtual receptionists who are HIPAA compliant? Make a list of your core needs and find a company with experience working with businesses just like yours.
- Budget. Consider your budget and the hours you will need a virtual phone receptionist. Good businesses will offer you custom options at all price points. This way you only pay for the features and services that you actually need.
- Account management. Remember, you are doing this to make your life easier and to improve business! Ask about mobile account management, email monitoring and after-hours services.
Where can I hire a virtual receptionist online?
As an increasing number of businesses prioritize quality virtual receptionists and customer service, more are projected to outsource it in the next few years. The number of responses that come up when you type “virtual receptionist services” into an internet search engine can be overwhelming. So it is important to consider the factors above to choose the best fit for your company.