As a business owner, it can often feel as though there are not enough hours in the day to get things done. Between payroll, catching up on emails, keeping up with industry news and doing your job, it can be tough to find time to answer the phone some days. And if business is ramping up quickly, you’ll want some extra support so you can manage all those spinning plates.
Below we will answer and discuss the following questions about how a virtual answering service can help you handle rapid business growth.
- What is a virtual answering service?
- What can a virtual receptionist answering service do?
- What makes a great virtual answering service?
What is a virtual answering service?
A virtual answering service works just like an office receptionist, only they work from a remote location (like most employees these days)! With the best virtual answering services, customers won’t even realize they are talking to someone who isn’t a full-time employee of the business.
Virtual receptionists are also capable of transferring calls, making appointments, and following up on calls and leads– just like an office receptionist! A major difference is that they help you save on overhead expenses because you don’t have to pay for recruitment searches, training, turnover, sick days, equipment, and healthcare expenses.
What can a virtual receptionist answering service do?
A virtual receptionist helps you stay reachable, is highly skilled in your industry and some are even bilingual, which can help you to further your reach. Essentially a virtual receptionist serves as both the face and backbone of your business by managing a variety of functions for you, so you are free to deal with bigger issues.
A virtual receptionist handles a variety of a business’ incoming communications via telephone and SMS text message. In addition to greeting and assisting customers 24/7, a virtual receptionist can help with the following tasks:
- Live call transfers. The virtual receptionist acts as an extension of your office, transferring calls during business hours and taking detailed messages when you are not available.
- Appointment scheduling. Your virtual receptionist will coordinate with callers to schedule, update, and cancel appointments in real-time.
- Multichannel communication. Whether it’s telephone or text message, our live virtual receptionists can assist customers through their preferred communication method.
- Disaster recovery. No matter the time of day, our trained virtual receptionists can jump in at a moment’s notice to reassure and assist callers while you recover.
What makes a great virtual answering service?
A great virtual answering service will act as a true representative for your business, so customers leave the experience feeling happy and informed. In a 24/7 society, customers expect answers at their fingertips, or they will take their business elsewhere or leave a bad review online.
When searching for the best virtual answering service for your business, consider the following:
- Are the virtual receptionists friendly, authentic, and knowledgeable in your industry?
- Do they offer receptionists with any specialized training? For example, if your business falls into one of these four categories, a HIPAA-compliant answering service is a must.
- Do they offer bilingual operators who can help new markets of customers?
- What do the reviews say about the virtual answering service? Are the receptionists empathetic and customer-focused?
- A great virtual answering service will also represent who you are as a business. They will reflect your mission, set a warm and friendly tone, and use industry appropriate terms.
- Do they offer customized packages that will let you ramp up service quickly and only pay for coverage when you need it?