This technique forwards the first incoming call to the answering service once your line is busy. You no longer have to worry about using the phone when you are expecting an important call. Call forward busy sends the first incoming call to the answering service once your line is being used.
1. Dial 800.837.4966 to speak with a customer service representative
2. Verify your ten digit telephone number and press 0 to speak with a representative
3. Tell the representative that you would like to activate Call Forward Busy on your Verizon land line
4. Provide the representative with the call forwarding number assigned to you by the answering service
5. Please note that Verizon offers the ‘four ring option’; if your call is not answered in four rings (whether your line is busy or not) the call will be redirected
1. From your landline dial *90 followed by the ten digit call forwarding number provided by your answering service and then the # key