How Can an Answering Service Help My Business During the Coronavirus Crisis?
5 Benefits of an Answering Service During the Coronavirus Crisis
When the novel coronavirus began in China, it seemed like a localized issue. However, it has become a worldwide concern, and businesses around the globe are doing everything they can to continue servicing clients and generating revenue in these uncertain times.
In times of a pandemic crisis, businesses rely on services and technologies that enable customers to communicate with them any time, from anywhere. One of the best ways to prepare your business for the coronavirus is to partner with a call answering service, which can help in the following ways:
- Your callers may be anxious and panicked; speaking with a live agent (versus an automated answering system) can calm them down.
- An answering service allows your business to be available to customers at all hours.
- An answering service frees up your time to focus on what’s important.
- An answering service provides backup support if you and your employees need time off.
- An answering service can help prevent the spread of illness in your office.
How exactly can my business benefit from an answering service during the coronavirus crisis?
Here, we’ll explain in more detail five ways that an answering service can help your business during the coronavirus crisis:
- Callers may be panicked; speaking with a live agent provides a sense of calm. When a person is feeling anxious or upset, the last thing they want to do is leave a voicemail or speak with an automated answering system. If it’s not possible for you and your staff to answer all incoming calls while keeping up with your other business tasks, a virtual receptionist can make sure that your callers are greeted and assisted in a calm, reassuring manner.
- An answering service allows your business to always be available to customers. Depending on the industry you’re in, your business may see an increase in after-hours and weekend calls. Taking time to unwind and recharge for the sake of your own health is more important than ever right now, and outsourcing to an answering service can help you do just that. We’ll handle the calls that come in on nights and weekends, only alerting you if it’s necessary.
- An answering service frees up your time to focus on what’s important. Your virtual receptionist can answer general questions about your business, such as updated hours of operation, and information about your products or services. This will free up your time to speak to the callers that really need your attention.
- An answering service provides backup support if you and your employees need time off. If you or your employees get sick, or need to take time off to care for loved ones, an answering service will step in to manage your phones, assist and reassure callers, and take detailed messages for you.
- An answering service can help prevent the spread of illness in your office. The live agents of an answering service are used to working remotely, meaning that they will never come in contact with you, your customers, or your employees. If your office is forced to close for a lengthy amount of time, an answering service can help it run like normal- from a distance.